Copyright 2012 © All rights reserved. South Wales Heating. Terms of use | Privacy policy
Welcome.About SWH.Contracts.Services.Safety.Contact Us.
Services

What is carbon monoxide?

 

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal.

 

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

 

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can mimic many common ailments and may easily be confused with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness. Symptoms to look out for include:

headaches or dizziness

breathlessness

nausea

loss of consciousness

tiredness

pains in the chest or stomach

erratic behaviour

visual problems

 

For more information visit the NHS or telephone NHS Direct on 0845 4647.

 

If you or your family experience any of the above symptoms and believe you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide, you should seek urgent medical advice from either your GP or an A&E department.

 

What should I do if I think my appliance is spilling carbon monoxide?

 

Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999

Switch off the appliance and shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve

Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room

 

For more information visit the Health & Safety Executive web site

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/co.htm

 

> Gas Safety Check

> Boiler Service

> Central Heating Cover

> Landlords Certificate

> Gas Fire Service

> Radiators

> Plumbing Maintenance

> Heating Repairs

‘Carbon Monoxide Kills’

South Wales Heating

Central Heating & Boiler Maintenance

Tel: 01656 771091                                                            e.mail: enquiries@southwalesheating.co.uk